All NASA Drivers,
It has come to our attention at NASA NorCal that MyLaps X2 Transponders are introducing certain challenges to drivers, and NASA officials are attempting to help MyLaps and drivers resolve them.
The earlier Flex (red/white) and the X260 (red) models are not affected.
MyLaps is working with NASA to ensure a smoother install and set up, and has published updated instructions and troubleshooting information. Third party video instruction is also included below.
One problem can occur when the installtion of the X2 transponder and “racekey” devices do not match with the user’s subscription as downloaded to the racekey device. There may be other hardware installation issues which may complicate troubleshooting as well. It is recommended that drivers first make certain that their MyLaps subscription is properly downloaded to their RaceKey device and that the installtion matches the subscription type i.e. Rechargable or Direct Power (DP).
Drivers may wish to delay adoption of the X2 until these issues are reliably solved. Meanwhile, if you already have an X2 transponder from MyLaps review the following:
Here is the Proposed Schedule below (PDF download). Check back often for updates or get notifications to your device by subscribing to facebook.com/NasaNorCal/ for the latest on all of our events and regional information.
Tentitive Schedule, MRLS May 13-15 2016 PDF file download.
For May 13-15, 2016 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (MRLS), NASA has blocked rooms at the following Salinas hotels at discounted rates for NASA members.
To receive negotiated NASA group rates:
- Mention “Group Code NASA” and the event when making your reservation
- Reserve before April 25, 2016: The negotiated block rate is available until April 25, 2016 or as soon as the block is sold out, whichever comes first
- Be sure to check your hotel’s cancellation and departure policies when making your reservation
- We strongly reommend you reserve your room as early as possible
Hampton Inn & Suites, Salinas
523 Work Street, Salinas, CA 93901 | (831) 754-4700
Go to Hampton Inn’s NASA Event-specific Registration Site »
- NASA event group rate is $189 per night, single or double
- Two-night minimum – see
Residence Inn & Suites, Salinas
17215 El Rancho Way, Salinas, CA 93907 | (831) 775-0410
- NASA event group rate is $169 per night, single or double
Courtyard by Marriott, Salinas / Monterey
17225 El Rancho Way, Salinas, CA 93907 | (831) 775-0491 | Register Online »
- NASA event group rate is $159 per night, single or double
All of these accomodations include:
- Free hot breakfast or On-the-Run Breakfast bags
- Free High-Speed In-room Internet access
- Free use of fitness center
- Rooms include microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot